Okay, you are getting ready to propose. There's no question that this is one of the most important moments of your life. In order for your proposal to go smoothly, here are some things to avoid.
- DON'T stop in the middle of your proposal to catch the final shot of the basketball game.
- DON'T freak out if you rip your pants while kneeling. It happens. Just take it in stride and move on; you can change your pants while she calls her mother.
- DON'T make the joke that the diamond is cubic zirconia. That has to be the oldest joke in the book. If you feel compelled to make a joke, please, be more original than that.
- DON'T try to open the ring box from the wrong end. The side with the hinge is the back. We understand you're nervous, but no matter how hard you pull it's not going to open that way.
- DON'T hide the ring in her pasta. There's a good chance she'll eat it. Sure it would make a funny story later, but it won't be so funny at the time.
- DON'T start by saying, "Your sister said no, so I'll ask you."